Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's All Mom's Fault

Well, its not really her fault but its easy to blame her for keeping me busy and away from the computer and my studio. I've parked her in the studio with a pile of fun supplies and we'll see what she comes up with. I'm going to be working on both a new book that has been approved for Quarry books as well as working on a proposal for yet another one!

The other big news is that I've signed a contract with Creative Imaginations for a brand-spankin-new product that I'm licensing! How exciting. It will be ready to go to market at CHA Winter. It sounds like they have some really great new products in the works over there at CI. What I really love is that they are really trying to bridge the Paper gap by catering to both the scrapbooker and the paper artist. Good job guys!

Mum and I went to see Because I Said So yesterday during the day. Funny movie, a little hokey, but funny. Just try to imagine Diane Keaton having sex in a polka dot wedding dress! Mum kept saying that Diane looked so old (in the movie she is turning 60) and she guessed that she must be 75. I guessed 62. I was closer...she's 61. And in my opinion, one classy lady. And an absolutely stunning dresser in this movie. I was definitely inspired by the amazing cakes she bakes in the movie. I'm hoping to pull off some kind of circus tent cake for Abby's 6th birthday this weekend. We'll see.

Now to see if I can focus with mum in the room...wish me luck!

No comments: