Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reflections Part two

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've just completed a commisioned piece of art to honor Jonathon Riley, US middle distance runner and BHS class of 97. These photos are snippets of the final piece. I'm withholding a picture of the complete frame until the Gala committee has had it finished with the mirror. I will also put a link to their pre-bidding link once I have it.

Bottom Right Corner: The Olympian




Upper Left Corner:
Always Training


Bottom Left Corner:

Running Allowances
Upper Right: The Pursuit of Excellence







One of the interesting things that is not pictured here and will not be done until the night of the gala is the area that I've worked into the piece for Jonathon's signature. We were told that they would be signing the piece and I after talking with Jon who lives out on the west coast, I discovered he had studied art and design at Stanford. I decided that it would be fitting for his signature to be PART of the art and not sit on top of it. He is an artist after all, while currently his medium is running shoes and stop watches, he says the next phase will be sketchpads and erasers.
My hat's off to you Jon. And if you have any worries about succeeding in your next phase, I didn't get started until I was older than you (not that I'm much older now!). Just continue to be passionate about whatever you do. It will serve you well. To the Gala committee, thanks for the creative opportunity to be a part of a great cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This loks very very cool. I can't wait to see it in its entirety!