Then I started on the front. She requested more lenght along the front--I obligied. Then she wanted more coverage around the arms, I did that too.
I added scalloped chains along the bottom that criss cross each other and placed "holey" stitches in modest places. The shoulder straps were triple crochets on a chain--light and airy. the back ties are chains reinforced with slip stitches.
I just love the way it came out and if I can figure out how to write up directions for it, I will! Now that the summer is coming to an end, I'm wanting to pull my knitting supplies back out of storage and re-teach myself some things. I'm feeling braver with yarn now than I ever have. I want to learn enough to get myself into and out of trouble.