Thursday, September 25, 2008

One of those days...


Every night at dinner we have a tradition of saying our best and worst of the day. Yesterday was a bad day for me. Just so many balls in the air at one time and not enjoying one minute of it. Interestingly enough, my "best" was that nothing had to do with my girls. Oh, that sounds bad.
What I mean is, that they were the only things--along with Matt, who didn't cause me some amount of stress. The three of them were my breath of fresh air. And, probably due to no homework assignments, they were relative happy even after a long day at school.
So, in their honor, here is phase one of a portrait I'm working on for them (and me). I don't do portraits (well occasionally one of a beloved canine every couple of years). And this one is far from being completed. I will now need to go back in and collage and obscure--make it more me. I think I needed to have it look like them first instead of going right to obscurity.
Abby asked--as only Abby could--Could she have the painting when I die. In a screwed up kind of way, I was touched. Honestly I was worried about their reaction when I started painting them blue and orange, pink and green, that they would hate it and not wait until the final stages. Becky said she liked it but encouraged me to "go funky" with it. What a doll.
Oh, and let me mention scale. This is 36" x 36" so at least two times life size. GIANT!
Can't wait to work on it some more.
Going back to my lousy day yesterday...
My thought in the middle of it all...
"It's days like to day that help me to realize that I'm not as great as I think I am."
enough said.
Today is better.

No comments: