Monday, December 10, 2007

And now for something completely different...


I'll have to get my NYC pics from last week posted here later this week. We had a heck of a weekend in the city and finished with a trip to see Golden Compass. Now that I'm back in the studio I'm plugging away at my book which is due next week. Matt and I are trying to decide if we are sending out our annual Christmas Movie or if we are going to try and do a New Years Movie/card instead.
This painting is called Lollipop Forest in Blue No. 1. I painted it during Thanksgiving vacation when I secluded myself from all outside influences and overdosed on parades and the Miracle on 34th street reshowings. I'm really happy with this new direction and plan on trying out some other variations of this theme. They are definitely more painterly and at the same time more abstract--an interesting combination.
I also got this done in time for my show at the Coldwell Banker on Beacon in Brookline. What a success! I sold 6 pieces on the first night! definitely blew me away. I guess that means I'm going to have to paint a lot more for the Brookline Open Studios in April.
The best part of the night was watching Abby and Becky (all dressed up) greeting everyone who came in. So very professional. Some times it really rocks being and artist AND their mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to read your Blog and see what's new.