Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Think Big!

I suppose my need for grandness came from my short stint in the great country of Texas. Yes, it is a country, not a state--I'm sure of it. What you see here is my giant version of my Part & Parcel Six folio album. To get a better sense of scale, the originally sized P&P is there in the middle of the picture and that is just over 12" tall. The big P&P album is a hair over 24" square when closed. This is the project I worked on yesterday to send out to California for CHA. In a room where you could fit, um, a LOT of football fields, having something big enough to see from far away helps.

I have a feeling that when we get this up on the wall it will still look teeny--we shall see. It was fun to engineer. Not only did I have some good math exercises doubling all the measurements, but also some physical exercises trying to put together an album over 4 ft wide when open.
Oh, sure, it was fun but I'm also glad it's done, packed and shipped off. I missed the Fed Ex guy when he picked it up. Would have loved to see his face. The box was 36" x 36"! So if you happen to be going to CHA, make sure you stop by the Creative Imaginations booth and have your picture taken with the 8th wonder of the world!

When was the last time you found yourself in a creative conundrum? Did you try "thinking big"?

No comments: