Thursday, July 05, 2007

He was nothing if not predictable


Love this piece. Made it with Matt in mind but I'm pretty sure that it speaks to a lot of people. Matt is the ultimate employee. He's been with the same company since he graduated from college even though the company has gone through three (or four) different names. He works well past closing time and is always looking for something new and exciting to bring to the line up. Having said all that, he's not perfect either. Thank God, cause I wouldn't be able to live up to that standard. Even when I'm disappointed by one of his actions, or in actions as the case may be, I'm still comforted by the fact that he is, indeed, predictable. on July 8th, we celebrate our 12th anniversary and I'm quite positive I love him 12x more than I ever did. I love that our relationship is also one of the things that inspires my art.

Today I'm working on finishing up some designs for the new Card Maker's workbook in Illustrator in between watching my nieces and playing with their new puppy. Ah the life. Tomorrow I will be gathering info and writing a really dymystifing piece on working with acrylic glazes for an upcoming issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors. No rest for the weary artist! (I'm really only weary because the puppy keeps waking up the house at 5:15 every morning!)

No comments: