Monday, January 28, 2008

Attempted Gallery, was a TEMPTING success!


Here is the back of Abby's head and the bass player from the John Fisher Trio. She stood there a lot of the night tapping her foot.
It was no wonder, the place was so packed everywhere else that I think she got tired of getting smushed. Or, perhaps more likely, that was the spot closest to the cookies--smart girl.
Oh, maybe I should back track for a minute...this is a picture from the aTTempted Gallery night in Brookline, MA. I believe we had 30+ artists, each artist can bring one piece, (15" x 15"). You bring your art between 1-6 and the party starts at 7. We transform the Brookline Arts Center into a gallery for the night. At 10 pm all the art goes home. Too FUN! I volunteered to check in the art. What a great job. I got to see some amazing art but I also got to meet new artists. The music was great, the food plentiful and I even got to have a lovely conversation with a Boston Globe Reporter and fellow assemblage buff. She asked me some interesting questions but the most interesting was the one she brought from her husband. He said to ask me ...."Why?" What a great open ended question. It was difficult to answer too. I don't want to spoil the reporter's story that comes out Sunday but let's just say it revolved around telling stories. This is all a part of Brookline Open Studios
Stopped a Paper Source today to pick up a few more supplies for my Press Kits for CHA. If you press, and you're going to be there, make sure to pick one up...there are goodies inside!
What happens to the days, 4 errands after I started the day I realize I have enough time to send this post and answer one email and I have to go off to pick up the kids?!?
Never enough time.

No comments: