Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm back, AGAIN!


You may notice that it's been about a year since my last post. My alert MIL noticed too! I'd like to state that I started my first blog before it was hip and before anyone knew what a blog was, but I digress.

I am back and rededicated to bloging--at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Of course today was the one day that we didn't check the weather so we were on the slopes for a brief time and had to have multiple stops for hot chocolate to warm back up with the 40 mph winds trying to defeat our winter spirit!
Today was the last day on the slopes at Okemo, VT and tomorrow it's back to Brookline and my studio. I've had a little time to sketch and I have some fun pieces I'm looking forward to painting once I get back including using a new (old) wooden box that I found at a local antique store.
The picture above is one of my girls with my MIL on a snowshoe expedition that led us to a mostly frozen waterfall. We shoveled away the snow from the icy pour-over and when we stood very quietly we could still here the water rushing over the waterfall safely encased in the icy blanket. So tranquil that even Becky thought it was a good reason to just sit still for a moment.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love being back where the seasons are so beautiful?

No comments: