Thursday, February 28, 2008

Critics and the cold


Its snowy and cold here in Brookline today and it took me about 25 minutes to drive what normally takes me 3. But now I'm home and the fireplace is going and I'm ready to sketch and work on my new product line proposal. My girlies saw some of my drawings last night and this morning and they were very enthusiastic about them--my best critics! Speaking of critics, this picture is from the collage "lecture" I gave yesterday to Mrs. Berube's Collage Enrichment class. What a great group of kiddos. They asked lots of questions and were polite and gave me an excellent critique of my work. (a lot of WOWs!)
Abby was excited to show off one of her assemblages and everyone thought it was something I had made. She was beaming!
If any of the parents ofthe students are reading this blog, please feel free to show them the gallery on my website and they can show you some of the pieces they saw.
The doorbell rang a few minutes ago and it was the previous owner of our carriage house! Mr. Camella brought over a historical write up on our house that he and his wife found. How kind is that?!?! It has some pretty interesting stuff on it and we will be sure to keep it in a safe place. Sometimes people's generosity overtakes me and I'm rendered speechless. In return for his kindness I shall endeavor to "pay it forward" today. Hmmmm.... I should look for that movie, I haven't watched it in a while. I wonder what it was rated and if it is appropriate for the girls to watch. I love the internet--I'll go look now!
Stay dry and warm (except for you Libby, stay dry and cool!)

No comments: