Wednesday, July 02, 2008

High Hopes


Just what makes that little old ant
Think he’ll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can’t
Move a rubber tree plant
But he’s got high hopes,
he’s got high hopes
He’s got high apple pie,
in the sky hopes
Here is my lovely Abby with a mouth full of teeth coming in in about 6 different stages. I remember that age. A summer of not being able to eat corn on the cob because of a loose tooth, followed by a late summer of not being able to eath corn on the cob because of no tooth followed by a fall with a major dental accident when I ran into a fellow student's head with my newly arrive tooth--only to lose it. But don't remind me. I go to the dentist (long overdue) tomorrow. Abby has an ant in this little bubble gum machine container. She spent the better part of the camping trip trying to lure one into it. This kid is a serious animal lover. We really have to get that back yard finished so we can get a dog!
Why High Hopes? because I intend on counting down the days until I leave for CHA (July 17th) everyday with a post, here. I know, impossible but I've got HIGH hopes. Heck I already went for 4 mile walk this morning with Matt. And yes, we don't know quite what to do with ourselves with the girls gone to Michigan for the next two weeks.
So, here is my to do list for today: get a sketch pad, start my write up of my new book proposals, start a story board to show Libby for my illustrations for her book (thanks Libby!) and work on postcards for CHA, meet with Gwen and Susan about taking over the Open Studios for lunch, go into the North End for some authentic Italian groceries, and maybe scope out our spot for the 4th at the Esplanade.
Better get to it!

No comments: